Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/orofino8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/connections/includes/class.retrieve.php on line 708
So Many Options… You Might Need To Try Them All!
Whether you are looking for a bed and breakfast, a five-star rated hotel, or a place to park your RV… Orofino has what ou are looking for! No matter the choice… we are ready willing and able to accommodate you; Orofino’s guests are always well looked after! Options abound with Cabins, Vacation Homes and Suites for rent, and for those who love the outdoors, there are a number of options for RV‘s and Camping! If you can’t find what you are looking for or have questions please don’t hesitate to contact the Chamber Office directly at 208-476-4335; we love to guide Orofino’s guests in the right direction!
Dworshak Visitors CenterDworshak Visitors Center
Dworshak Dam Visitor Center offers three floors of exhibits from displays on power operations, to history and culture of the area, to large interactive maps, and a theatre that plays a number of videos on demand for our visitors. Come and see some of our popular movies like “The Last of the Log Drives” or “Dworshak Construction.” We have plenty of brochures and handouts and would be happy to answer any question you have about Dworshak and the surrounding areas.
Dworshak Visitor Center has a small gift shop ran by Discover Your Northwest that sells t-shirts, hats, stuff animals, postcards, lapel pins, and patches. The gift shop takes cash, check, and credit. The visitor center has a number of picnic tables, trashcans, and restrooms to accommodate large groups of people. During the summer Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, the visitor center is open 7 days a week and tours are offered of the 1603 galley, the north tower, and across top of the dam. The visitor center tries to accommodate all of our visitors by offering multiple tours throughout the day.
During the spring, fall, and winter months the visitor center is open 5 days a week. Tours are available, but prior approval is needed. Dworshak offers many school tours during the winter and spring months.
Please consider the following when planning a trip to Dworshak Visitor Center:
- Use of the Visitor Center is free.
- The Discover Your Northwest gift shop prices range from $0.60-$30.00.
- Day-use area from 8:30 am- 4:30 pm. No camping.
- Gates are locked at 4:30 pm.
- Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend open 7 days a week
- Labor Day to Memorial Day weekend open 5 days a week (Monday through Friday).
- Tours are first-come first-serve, limited to 8 people with photo ID.
- School/Group tours need to be pre-arranged call 208-476-1255 to book a tour
- Trashcans are available in the parking lot, building, and picnic area.
- Pets need to be on a leash and under control. Pets are allowed in the visitor center as long as they are carried.
Dworshak Visitor Center
Ahsahka Idaho 83520 (5 Miles West of Orofino)
Ahsahka ID 83520