Community Clean Up
April 27 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
COMMUNITY CLEAN UP DATE SET FOR SATURDAY APRIL 27TH, 2019
The Chamber of Commerce is spearheading the Spring Community Cleanup effort again this year. The Community is rolling up its sleeves for this spring fling event. Individuals and organizations are asked to clean up around their homes and work places. In addition, groups and individuals are encouraged to sign up and clean an area in need in their neighborhood or community. To sign up or for more information please contact the Orofino Chamber of Commerce at (208) 476-4335 or firstname.lastname@example.org – Tessa Mullinix, Executive Director.
In celebration of Arbor Day, Urban Forestry of Orofino (UFO) in conjunction with the Idaho Dept. of Lands will be giving out free seedlings and raffle ornamental trees. Information on planting and tree care will be available.
Clean out your cabinets as the Clearwater County Sheriff Department will be collecting unused prescription medication to protect water quality and to prevent misuse. They are happy to take your unused prescription medications off your hands and dispose of them properly. Clearwater County Sheriff Department will be at 106 Michigan Avenue the day of Community Clean Up from 10am-2pm.
Scheduled Activities on Saturday April 27th at the City Park
- Free trash bag available for sign up participants from 7am to noon.
- Trash trucks will be available for trash deposits all weekend.
- Free hot dog & German dog lunch from 11:30 to noon for those signed up to cleanup.
Arbor Day Celebration:
- From 9am-12pm, free seedlings will be given away along with tree care information.
- Tree City USA Award presentation to the City and ornamental tree drawing at 12pm.
Prescription Take Back
- Clearwater Country Sheriff Department, collection of unused prescription medication from 10am to 2pm at 106 Michigan Ave.
The Transfer Station
Open from 8am – 3:30pm all weekend
- Recyclables: cardboard, newspaper, paper, aluminum cans, scrap iron, batteries (vehicle & rechargeable), electronic waste and used crankcase oil.
- Collection of household pesticides in original containers.
- Clearwater Mart will take any reusable items.
- Please note that the Transfer Station will take: 12 small truck and passenger tires will be accepted free on Saturday ONLY. There will be a $2 charge for each tire over 12. Larger tires will be accepted Saturday only; however, they MUST be cut into at least four pieces. All other days there is a $2 charge for tires with no rims and $4 for tires with rims. Tires larger than pickup tires are NOT accepted any day except Saturday on Community Cleanup Day.
REMINDERS FOR TRANSFER STATION:
- NO PLASTIC CONTAINERS/BOTTLES
- NO USED GAS, PROPANE OR ANTIFREEZE
- PLEASE SORT YOUR METALS
- EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE 4 FOOT OR SHORTER
- CASH ONLY
The Recycling Center on Michigan Ave
Drop-off availability, 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Cardboard, newspaper, paper, aluminum/tin cans.
Research shows people litter for three main reasons
1st– They feel no sense of ownership for a property, even a public park.
2nd– They think someone else will clean up after them.
3rd– They see litter already accumulated and think a little more will not matter.
Let’s take PRIDE in our beautiful community April 28th, 2018 and clean up our streets, parks and roadways, plant trees, protect our drinking water, recycle and finally enjoy a clean community! Please feel free to contact me (Tessa Mullinix, Executive Director Orofino Chamber of Commerce) @ (208) 476-4335 or email@example.com for any assistance you may need, cheers to another year of Community Clean Up!